GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
9:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M.
Gates will be officially closed at 11:00 P.M. and entry will be by permission
of the Fair Superintendent Only.
Online entries- www.qacfair.fairmanager.com Livestock entries due July 15, 2022 and indoor entries due August 7, 2022. Dates and times for checking in of indoor exhibits check under indoor rules.
4-H Division fair exhibitors must be bona fide members of a Queen Anne’s County 4-H Club.
Fair Rules and Regulations
1. No late entries will be accepted, under any circumstances. No Faxed copies. Livestock entries must be entered online. All entries must be legible, or they will be returned for necessary corrections. Be sure
to give complete information.
2. Decisions of the Judges will be final in all cases.
3. While due care will be taken with all entries, the Queen Anne's County Fair Committee will not be responsible for loss or damage.
4. A Night Watchman will be on duty Monday –Friday nights.
5. Premium List and Information may be obtained by writing to Queen Anne's County Fair, P.O. Box 621, Centreville, MD 21617 or check web site at www.qacfair.com
6. Premiums will be paid on the records shown by the Judges' sheet only not the color or placement of ribbon.
7. There will be absolutely 'No Smoking Allowed' in or around barns or show areas at any time. This will be enforced!
8. Checks for premium payment must be cashed within 60 days of issuance. No checks will be honored after that time.
9. Questions concerning interpretation of rules will be brought before the Fair Committee for a majority ruling.
10. Premium checks may be picked up at the closing of fair. Any unclaimed checks will be mailed as soon as possible. No premiums are paid for champion or group classes in any division or department.
11. All premiums will be dependent upon the number of participants and the amount of money granted by the Maryland Agricultural Fair Board. Figures are estimates only.
12. Any exhibit removed prior to the closing of fair will result in forfeiture of premiums and possible denial of future fair participation.
13. QAC 4-H members that are also 4-H/FFA members in other counties must designate
ONE county to exhibit in the 4-H/FFA division. Within the current year this includes all projects (fair, public speaking record books, etc.). You may exhibit in the open division in multiple counties.
14. Classes may be split or combined at the discretion of the livestock committee.
15. Rules, regulations, and schedules may be revised by the fair committee if situations arise that necessitate changes.
16. Bred & owned – the 4-H member had bona-fide ownership at the time of conception of the project animal. Owned – the 4-H member owned the animal by the 4-H ownership deadline. Deadlines as follows: Market Steers-Jan 1, all other market animals June 1, breeding stock – July 1 of the current years
17. Exhibitors must have continuous ownership of their animals from July 1, 2021 until the day of the show.
18. ANIMALS MUST STAY AT THE PARK ALL WEEK. YOU MUST GET APPROVAL FROM FAIR CHAIRMAN OR VETRENARIAN TO LEAVE PREMISES. IF CAUGHT, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO RETURN THE FOLLOWING YEAR.
19. ANY STALLS OR PENS NOT CLEANED OUT WILL FORFEIT PREMIUMS. ALL DECORATIONS AND ALL STALLS/PENS MUST BE CLEANED AND CLEARED OUT. All bedding & manure must be placed in dumpsters. If dumpster is full, bedding & manure must be placed outside in area of dumpster.
20. Generators are not to be used on park grounds.
21. No alcoholic beverages permitted on fairgrounds. NO EXCEPTIONS. Violators will be asked to leave grounds and will forfeit camper spot.
22. No pets allowed on the fairgrounds! Emotional Support Animals are not permitted on Fairgrounds, as they are not recognized under the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act). www.ada.gov/serviceanimals2010.htm
23. Fair exhibit animals must be housed in designated areas unless otherwise approved by Fair Chairman or Board.
24. No personal vehicles permitted to park on grounds! Violators will be towed at owner’s expense.
25. No SOLICITING of any kind! If you are a paying vendor there will be no solicitation outside of your booth. If you are caught soliciting, you will be asked to leave and escorted off the Fair Grounds.